Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2016

R.E.D. FRIDAY


Groups have advocated the wearing of red on Fridays, in an event known as Red Friday, to show their support for all members of the armed forces abroad, regardless of the circumstances under which they were deployed.


I didn't really understand what RED Friday was. Not until I met Sharon Hamilton at a book conference and asked her why she wore so much RED. She told me to support all our soldiers. I was in complete shock. I had no idea that this could reach such a broad span of people. I try to wear red of some form on Friday. I am so thankful that she explained this to me. 




I also know several people that are deployed within my distant family. My bf has 2 adopted sons that are currently serving in the military. I've met them and they are really cool young men. I wish them to be safe in all their endeavors.  My bosses husband Shaun is a veteran as well. He is more like a dad to me and I would do anything to show support for him. My friend Jackson Young served in the military and he holds this dear to his heart.  




No comments:

Post a Comment