Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Rebels & Readers Book Convention November 6, 2015



I attended the 2nd Annual Rebels & Readers Book Convention in Huntington, West Virginia this past weekend. This was my first visit to West Virginia and Rebels/Reader event. I got to meet some old friends and made some new ones along the way. Found a ton of great books and new authors to add to my already long TBR List. :D I should be good for when the giant snow hits Northwest Georgia. HAHA, that rarely happens but one can hope. 

My fangirl moment was when I bumped my behind into Laramie Briscoe. I had no idea she was even going to be there. I squealed so much. Bf called it a geekasm. LOL I can totally agree to that. It was my OMG moment. Being a author assistant, I often take little things like that for granite. My girlfriend Cheryl got ecstatic that I got so excited. I won Laramie's book at a previous conference. Sat down & read it. From that moment on my mission was to meet her. Which thanks to R&R I got too.  I purchased her second book thinking that will tide me over for a bit. Well, I got back to the hotel & realized I need the remaining 6 books. The next day I went back and purchased them. I rarely do that with paperbacks and the only other person I can think of purchasing all their books is Sandy Sullivan. I mean in one full sweep not over time. 

I do attend a lot of conventions and most of the time don't see so many readers purchasing paperback books. R&R showed me that the readers came to buy. It was fun convention and I do plan on going back next year. 

The cool part other than buying all the books I did was walking around with Cheryl taking pictures. She lives in Ohio and we only get to see each other at book conventions. That is actually how we met. So it is always cool to see some of the history of places that are out of the norm for the South. She is always great company. We ate some really awesome food, lots of laughs & grew closer as friends. 



My book haul over Saturday & Sunday. The pink bag is full of swag. I had to unload a few times. 



This buffalo was really cool. I think we both were like take the picture already. ;)




I really love old town square clocks. This one was in front of a family jewelry store. 




All around the little town of Huntington were this painted trains with different themes on them. I really liked this one. It also was the best close up so you can see the detail.


There was a park across the 

street from the hotel. I fell
in love with the fountain.



I thought this was so cool. A train made into the Huntington Spacecraft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment